Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Sunny Hunny & Wolferton

Hi guys, I hope you're all well.  My mum came down for the weekend so we all took the Friday off to make it an extra long one :)  We were so lucky with the weather, just take a look at these pictures I took in Hunstanton (I'm so lucky we only live 25 minutes from this place!):









We've booked a hotel there for my birthday in July which I'm very excited about :)  It's not far from where we are but it means we can spend the whole day and evening there, have a few drinks and not worry about having to drive home.  The hotel is right by the beach too :D

The next day we decided to go to Wolferton which is a beautiful little village about 15 mins away.  It has a wonderful old train station that was used by the Royal Family when they were visiting Sandringham (one of the Queen's residences).  The weather was a little cooler and a little greyer, we hedged our bets and took an umbrella but we were lucky again. We also got to speak to the lovely man that looks after the station, I wish I'd taken a picture of him to put on here.  He was really chatty and told us loads about the station and village :)

 





We had such a lovely weekend and I wish we could have had longer!  I do find it hard living away from my mum.  When I woke up Sunday morning I had a really sore shoulder and arm, I think as I'd been sleeping on the floor but I'm not certain.  It's Wednesday now and it's only just starting to get better.  I had to take time off work as I couldn't drive with it, it was so painful.  Painkillers weren't touching it at all and I couldn't get any relief.  I went to the doctors and he prescribed me Naproxen which took a whole day before it kicked in!!  I've been since 3pm without pills now so fingers crossed!! It has put me off my stride exercise-wise but I'm hoping if all is well tomorrow I can get a run or DVD in.

Also!  I've been reading Vegan Crunk's latest posts about the Real Food Cleanse which is essentially a 3 day vegan cleanse that involves eating only fruit and veggies, some beans and seeds.  It looks really do-able and I'm so up for it after my weekend of chips, Chinese food and vodka!  I will give that a go soon.  I also got the China Study Cookbook this weekend courtesy of my dear old mum!  So looking forward to making stuff from that :)  Plenty of food pics to come!

Enjoy the rest of your week :)

Lana x

7 comments:

  1. Hunstanton is a lovely place and I am glad you had such a great time with your Mum. I too have been looking at Vegan Crunks cleanse, I think I am going to have a go too. I have also been having a look at Farmaround who sell slaughter/cruelty free milk. The girl who runs it is also an active animal rights activist. Check it out on Facebook or on their website. I am rethinking the complete vegan lifestyle if I can get cruelty free milk and cheese x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't think I could ever eat milk or cheese again, I think it would make me ill. I don't think you can ever have truly cruelty free milk, either way you're taking milk that's meant to be for a calf. After reading the China Study and all about the bad effects that casein can have your body and health too I don't think I could stomach it. You have to do whatever is right for you though

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah it's not all sunshine & beaches!! There's also lots of tax and high rate of unemployment! lol ;) Don't forget the rain!!

      Delete
  3. Me, too! I want to live in the UK. :) I am a history nerd, so I would love to learn all about both of these destinations! Might have to jump onto Google and read up. It looks like you had a great time, and how lovely that you'll be returning next month!

    The Real Food Cleanse does sound doable, and I should do it week after next, as I'll be needing to detox from my trip to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a month! Come back! We miss you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Ingrid :) I will be back, just got lots on at the mo and haven't felt much like blogging :( I'll get back into it soon, promise! :)

      Delete