This is a rather wordy post but I’ll do another tomorrow with some nice foodie pics :)
I’ve decided to set myself goals and targets as I’ve been so inspired by so many blogs and pictures recently. I have already set a goal of losing another stone (14lbs) by the end of this year and I think that is a really achievable target. To help me get there I’m going to set other mini weekly and monthly goals. I think that will help spur me on.
For instance this month I want to stay away from alcohol. So far so good! January 2013 has been dry so far and I want to keep it that way, give my liver some time to repair itself a little! I also want to get myself some milk thistle to help my leather-like-liver on its way. Wow, say that ten times fast….
These are the goals I have set myself for this week:
- Drink 2 litres of water a day – I’ve not been drinking nearly as much water as I should do recently. At my last job there was a water cooler so I could fill up my flask all day long. There’s only tap water at my new place and I won’t touch the stuff unless it’s filtered. I take a flask of filtered water with me but I think it only holds about ¾ of a litre so I need to make sure I either get another flask or I drink more at home. It really makes a difference to my skin when I drink more water.
- No diet coke - yes I know!! I’m back on the coke :-/ It just happened..ok?! I have such a bad reaction to quitting the brown stuff, it’s ridiculous. I get so irritable and feel awful, it’s worse than when I quit smoking. I only ever drink 2 cans a day, 3 if I’m feeling a bit indulgent. It just shows you how bad that stuff is. So no more sweet nectar- erm… coke for me. Actually I forgot to mention in my last post that quitting smoking was something I did last year. I went from 15 roll ups a day to nothing overnight and haven’t looked back. It’s been 11 months so far and I’m really proud of that :)
- Avoid bread – I’ve been eating a lot of wholemeal bagels and I don’t think they’re doing me any good.
- Take a shot of wheat grass each morning
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least twice
I know the exercise looks a little like nothing much at all but I’ve not been exercising at all recently. When this happens I usually tell myself (whilst eating cakes) that I will get up at 6am and start my 30 Day Shred DVD and do it every day. I also tell myself (whilst eating more cakes) that I will drink only water and green juice and eat only tofu and brown rice. I always go to extremes and this is what I am trying to avoid as it never ends up as I plan; me in bikini being mistaken for Jessica Ennis…it just ends up with me eating yet more cakes and crisps and planning! I’m going to give my Jillian Michaels ‘Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism’ DVD a dusting off.
I have other goals for weeks to come such as:
Replace a meal each day with a green juice
No processed food at dinner time
Etc, etc. I’m sure I can think of loads more in the meantime. I’m also going to make myself some spread sheets up to tick off my goals as I go along, NERD HEAVEN!! :D
Oh I do love a good spread sheet.
Does anyone else have any goals or mini goals for the year, month or week? I’d be really interested to hear what they are and how you plan to succeed J Do you like spread sheets as much as me or should I just get out more??
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday :)